- This event has passed.
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Day 2
May 10, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EDT
ITIL Foundation certification is a differentiator in the IT job market and a core requirement for all IT Professionals. ITIL is a collection of best practices for information technology (IT) management. Unlike courses that teach specific technology skills the ITIL Foundation course teaches IT professionals to understand the full effect and value of information technology on the entire business model. ITIL lays out the definitive processes for IT service management excellence. ITIL consists of five integrated lifecycle stages, composed of 26 processes, for aligning IT management decisions and environments with the business mission, goal and operation.
- Module 1: Business Focus
- Understanding the relationship between business operations and IT processes
- Five stages of the IT Service Management Lifecycle
- Module 2: Strategy Processes
- Strategy, Finance, Service Portfolio, Business Relationship, Demand Management
- Module 3: Design Processes
- Design, Capacity, Availability, Security, Continuity, Performance Management, Supplier Management, Service Catalog
- Module 4: Transition Processes
- Transition Planning, Change Management, Change Evaluation, Knowledge Management, Validation & Testing, Release and Deployment, Configuration Management
- Module 5: Operations Processes
- Access, Request, Event, Incident, Problem Management
- Module 6: Continual Service Improvement
- Seven-step Improvement Process
- Module 7: Certification Examination
Who should attend: This workshop is designed for all members of the Information Technology (IT) workforce: technicians, developers, system engineers, project managers and IT managers.
Paul has an extensive understanding of the relationship between business and IT in the Diversified Industrial Business Sector and Federal Government Departments. He has held positions of Global Vice President/CIO for Ingersoll Rand’s Security Technologies Sector and Vice President/CIO for Marietta Corporation. He has worked with Federal Department OCIOs in the areas of strategic development; organization performance and IT service management process implementation.
He holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Computer Science from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute respectively, with executive management training at the Harvard John F. Kennedy School of Government, High Performance’s Systems Thinking Program and the University Of Connecticut School Of Business.
Paul is a certified ITIL Expert, ISO 9000 and 27001 Lead Auditor, Project Management Professional (PMP). He is a member of the Society for Information Management, the Project Management Institute, and the Manufacturing Association of Central New York. He is a retired from the U.S. Navy with 26-years of combined active and reserve service in the field of information technology.