MACNY is Looking to Hire a Director of Government Relations!
Date: October 5, 2018
MACNY is looking to hire a Director of Government Relations! Do you know someone that would be a good fit for this opportunity with our organization? Please find the job description below and you can also view the description by clicking HERE.
The Manufacturers Association of Central New York, a 105-year-old trade association comprised of more than 330 manufacturers and businesses, and over 4,000 employees within those companies, is seeking a dynamic individual to lead its State and Federal advocacy efforts on behalf of the regional association and the State manufacturing sector at large.
The Director of Government Relations will serve as the primary liaison between MACNY, its member companies and New York State’s State & Federal elected officials. This is a senior-level position that requires a self-directed professional to advocate on behalf of manufacturers and act as an intermediary between manufacturers needs and the political process in both Albany and Washington. Through this position, the incumbent will be able to significantly affect public policy issues in New York State and Washington DC on behalf of Upstate New York’s manufacturing community and navigate long term strategic initiates of long term public policy efforts on behalf the manufacturing sector.
• Manage MACNY, Manufacturers Alliance and Council of Industry member advocacy efforts
• Grow the Alliance’s statewide visibility and influence
• Manage advocacy events and lobbying efforts to include fundraising
• Coordinate all MACNY Political Action Committee for our State and Federal Political Action Committees
• Identify and communicate MACNY’s priority public policy issues to New York State’s elected officials, their staffs and agency personnel.
• Testify before legislative hearings both in Syracuse and Albany on issues important to the Central New York manufacturing community.
• Draft all policy, issue alerts, and additional supporting material for distribution to member companies and public officials
Qualified candidates will have a BA, and MPA or MPP would be a plus, and 2-5 years of political or issue advocacy experience in corporate government affairs, a chamber, trade association, or legislative service in government. Familiarity with the New York State Legislature and issues such as healthcare, taxes, workers’ compensation, and energy is a plus. Strong written and verbal communications skills are required. Some travel is required.
MACNY offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, and employer matching 401(k) program and a friendly work environment.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Randy Wolken, President & CEO of MACNY via email to [email protected].