Central New York School Boards Association, Inc.
The Central New York School Boards Association, a multi-faceted membership association that incorporates approximately 50 school districts and 4 BOCES, is seeking a self- motivated, energetic individual to become the next Executive Director. With members spread over 8 counties within Central New York and serving 350 school board members, candidates for the position should possess a firm grasp of the principals of leadership and the public education environment in New York State.
The Executive Director reports to a 15 member Board. The Association has in addition to the Executive Director role, an Executive Assistant and two other part-time employees.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive and Chief Operating officer of the Central New York School Boards Association, Inc. and is responsible for the general administration of all instructional, business and/or other operations of the Association, and for advising and making recommendations to the Board of Directors with respect to such activities.
- Responsible for developing and conducting programs such as training for board members along with various workshops throughout the year.
- This position will be actively engaged in legislative and public policy issues.
- Ability and willingness to develop, build and maintain relationships with all 50 school Boards and its members.
- The Association also operates, administers and manages the Statewide School Finance Consortium.
- The Executive Director oversees the Association’s current annual budget of $625,000.
Qualifications and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Membership association experience is preferred along with a Master’s degree in a relevant subject area
- Self-directed, highly professional and collaborative
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
CNYSBA offers a competitive salary package starting at $100,000. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and to include New York State Retirement benefits.
This full-time position is to start no later than January 1, 2020.
Please send a letter of intent and a resume electronically to [email protected]