The Manufacturers Intermediary Apprenticeship Program (MIAP), led by MACNY, The Manufacturers Association, has been chosen by the New York Association of Training and Employment Professionals (NYATEP) Statewide Awards Committee to receive the 2023 NYS Workforce Program Award. MIAP is being recognized as a program that effectively develops the workforce in support of the local economy, through successful education and training, community-wide partnerships, and employer engagement.
MIAP supports equitable access to Registered Apprenticeship for all individuals, regardless of their work experience or academic qualifications. Across the state, MIAP supports companies in the recruitment, upskilling, and retention of new workers by acting as an intermediary to help them establish and manage their New York State Registered Apprenticeship program.
The program is supported by a group of Manufacturers Alliance of New York partners that are spread out across the various regions of New York State:
- Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce – Brooklyn
- Buffalo Niagara Manufacturing Alliance (BNMA) – Buffalo
- Center for Economic Growth (CEG) – Albany
- Ignite LI – Long Island
- MACNY, The Manufacturers Association – Central New York and North Country
- Manufacturers Association of the Southern Tier (MAST) – Southern Tier
- Rochester Technology and Manufacturing Association (RTMA) – Rochester
- The Council of Industry (COI) – Hudson Valley