MACNY is hiring for a APPRENTICESHIP / PRE-APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM MANAGER. Please find the job description below and please click HERE to view a PDF version.
The Apprenticeship Program Manager will provide support for both MACNY’s New York State Manufacturers Intermediary Apprenticeship Program (NYSMIAP) and the Pre-Apprenticeship Program partnership between MACNY/PEB and the Syracuse City School District. The Manager will support both the Directors of Apprenticeship and PEB (Partners for Education & Business).
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in a teaching or training role within an industrial or non-industrial environment. Working knowledge of community college systems and/or other industry training providers is desired.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Experience in supervising projects and team activities.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule occasional overtime, and/or evening work.
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing occupations and apprenticeship programs desired.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Representing the program and participants to employers leading to program outcomes while maintaining communications with manufacturers, educators, and other related program personnel.
- Provide information and guidance to school and partner staff relating employer needs and incentives to hiring and troubleshoot solutions.
- Solicit participation in program activities from employers for mentoring, job shadowing, internships, presentations, demonstrations, and ultimately employment.
- Research, develop, and assemble information and written proposals, deliver regular email informational correspondences, and assist in developing and distributing marketing collateral through personal and digital outreach activities. This includes drafting and editing articles, and summarizing meeting notes.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) as needed to help develop new training programs. Help to coordinate ongoing technical training and personal development classes for supervisors, incumbent workers and/or apprentices. This includes maintaining all records for apprenticeship, training and related instruction.
- With MACNY management, assist in monitoring apprenticeship program budgets, contracts, and agreements. Assist in identifying grants, revenue generating options, and other funding sources.
- Working conditions are typical for an office environment.
- Salary plus full benefit package including health, dental, life and disability plans, employer contribution to 401k and more.
A background check will be required.
MACNY employment practices and procedures and conditions of employment are administered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, status as a victim of domestic violence, veteran status, special disabled veteran or disability, or non-job-related felony conviction record (or any other legally protected status) including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, retention and termination in accordance with applicable federal laws.